Research infrastructures include:
- major equipment or sets of instruments;
- knowledge-related facilities such as collections
- archives or scientific data infrastructures;
- computing systems;
- communication networks.
Horizon Europe will endow Europe with world-class sustainable research infrastructures which are open and accessible to the best researchers from Europe and beyond. It will also encourage the use of existing research infrastructures, including those financed from funds under the EU's Cohesion Policy.
Areas of intervention:
- consolidating and developing the landscape of European research infrastructures;
- opening, integrating and interconnecting research infrastructures;
- reinforcing European research infrastructure policy and international cooperation;
- consolidating and developing the innovation potential of European research infrastructures and activities for innovation and training.
Research Infrastructures will also contribute to achieving the 4 key strategic orientations of the Horizon Europe strategic plan.